Jesus Loves Me….
If you have ever wondered if Jesus really loves you, the answer is YES! The Bible is clear that no matter what we may have done, Jesus does love us. In fact, He promises to forgive us of any wrong we have ever done and provide eternal life if only we will believe in Him (John 3:16). Before we were ever born, God sent His only Son, Jesus, to die on our behalf in order to correct the wrong that had taken place at the beginning of humanity. That wrongdoing or sin separated mankind from God, and that is why we seem to want to do the wrong thing in most instances.
It may be difficult for you to believe that Jesus loves you because other people have let you down in the past. Jesus isn’t like anyone else though, he is God in human form (John 1:14). He was quite literally involved in creating us. Of course He loves You, yes YOU!
It may be difficult for you to believe that Jesus loves you because of something you have done in the past that troubles you. Jesus already knows your past and still offers you eternal life and forgiveness, no matter what you may have done.
This I Know….
So, how can you say you Know that Jesus loves you? The easiest way to say it is…you just know. It’s called faith. Faith means having complete confidence in something or someone. Our faith is what assures us that what God says in the Bible is true. It is by faith that we are able to be obedient to God and keep his commandments.
Jesus says the two most important things you need to do in order to know God loves you is to love God and love those around you. The Bible goes on to say that if you do not love yourself and those around you, that you simply do not love God, because God is love (1 John 4:7-11).
For the Bible tells me so….
The Holy Bible shows and explains God’s love from cover to cover, but here are just a few examples:
- 1 John 3:1 – Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.
- Galatians 2:20 – I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
- John 3:16 – For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
- Psalms 136:26 – Oh, give thanks to the God of heaven!
For His mercy endures forever.
- Romans 5:8 – But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
He will stay….
If you do not have a relationship with Jesus Christ, and would like to, you can say something similar to this prayer:
Lord Jesus, I need You. Thank You for dying on the cross for my sins. I open the door of my life and receive You as my Savior and Lord. Thank You for forgiving my sins and giving me eternal life. Take control of my life. Make me the kind of person You want me to be.
Join the #ThisIKnow Movement!
If you are a follower of Jesus, whether you became one today or years ago, share it with others. We, here at Xchange, are doing this by writing #ThisIKnow on the back of our hands. It’s a simple gesture, but shows those around you that you know the love of God, through His Son, Jesus Christ.